- View and select original art from over 100 regional and local artists
- Family friendly music throughout the festival grounds
- Interactive Kids Art Area
- Lee’s Summit R7 Student Art Pavilion
- Live Art- “Stuck on Art” collaborative art created Saturday morning 10am-1pm
- A wide ranch of food and drinks to enjoy
About the Summit Art Festival
There are many exciting new changes happening this year … we have a new name and new location. You have known us our first 5 years as the Longview Art & World Music Festival. We are proud to announce that as of 2013 we are now known as Summit Art Festival.
Summit Art’s signature event is the annual Summit Art Festival. The event is hosted in collaboration with partner Downtown Lee’s Summit. The event will be held October 9-11th, 2015 in the downtown Lee’s Summit, Missouri. This is a high quality fine art event held in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, named as Missouri’s 2010 Creative Community by the Missouri Arts Council. The event parking is free to the artists and the public.
Event management, Summit Art, with Downtown Lee’s Summit, plus regional media and businesses, provide an unprecedented level of support, including advertising, for this event. The festival will have over 90 artists displaying fine art to view and purchase. Recognized national, regional, and local artisans represent most art mediums. The mix of fine art, non-amplified music, and a food/beverage court will complement the atmosphere of the exciting weekend fine art festivities.
Beyond the extraordinary artist booths, this event offers two pavilions: one for Summit Art artists and another for art from Lee’s Summit R-7 School District students in grades 7-12. The pavilions are not a part of the event jury process.
- Summit Art pavilion will feature artists from the Summit Art organization, presenting a group show of their work for sale.
- Lee’s Summit R-7 School District pavilion will feature a display of artwork in diverse media from students in grades 7-12.
- “Stuck on Art” Students from Lee’s Summit R-7 School District will create a collaborative art project.