- View and select original art from over 90 regional and local artists, specially selected and juried by Summit Art
- Enjoy entertainment provided by several small non-amplified musical groups
- Planned by artist that have years of experience doing weekend outdoor festivals
- Interactive Kids Art Area
- Lee’s Summit R7 Student Art Pavilion
- Summit Art Pavilion
About the Summit Art Artists
Summit Art artists are featured along with other juried local and regional artists. Watercolor, Oil, Graphite, Acrylic, Potery, Sculpture, Photography, Pastels, Fiber, Mixed Media, and more will be on display.
About the Summit Art Festival
There are many exciting new changes happening this year … we have a new name and new location. You have known us in the last 5 years as the Longview Art & World Music Festival. We are proud to announce that as of 2013 we are now known as Summit Art Festival.
Summit Art’s signature event is the annual Summit Art Festival. The event is hosted in collaboration with partner Downtown Lee’s Summit, and it is presented by Saint Luke’s East, Lee’s Summit. The event will be held October 4, 5, and 6 in the downtown Lee’s Summit, Missouri. This is a high quality fine art event held in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, named as Missouri’s 2010 Creative Community by the Missouri Arts Council. The event parking is free to the artists and the public.
Event management, Summit Art, with Downtown Lee’s Summit, plus regional media and businesses, provide an unprecedented level of support, including advertising, for this event. The festival will have over 90 artists displaying fine art to view and purchase. Recognized national, regional, and local artisans represent most art mediums. The mix of fine art, non-amplified music, and a food/beverage court will complement the atmosphere of the exciting weekend fine art festivities.
Beyond the extraordinary artist booths, this event offers two pavilions: one for Summit Art artists and another for art from Lee’s Summit R-7 School District students in grades 7-12. Also planned are chalk art, face painting, and historic hayride tours. The pavilions and chalk art are not a part of the event jury process.
- Summit Art pavilion will feature artists from the Summit Art organization, presenting a group show of their work for sale.
- Lee’s Summit R-7 School District pavilion will feature a display of artwork in diverse media from students in grades 7-12.
- Chalk Art. On Saturday morning, middle school and high school students from Lee’s Summit R-7 School District will create chalk art on selected sidewalks. their artwork will be judged for awards.
- Face Painting will be offered by the Lee’s Summit R07 School District National Art Honor Society. Donations will go to a scholarship for a senior art student.