Application deadline: August 12th
Ceramics, Digital Art, Drawing, Fiber, Furniture, Glass, Jewelry, Metal, Mixed Media, Painting, Pastels, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture and Wood.
Booth Photo: The booth photo is very important in the selection process! Booth photos should include a representative sample of the work being presented, and should NOT include artist’s name, any signs, or images of people. The booth should show a professional display of the artist’s work and will count heavily towards acceptance into the festival. Note: the booth image is a reference, and the artist is not juried in for ALL work represented in the booth image/photo. The artist is juried for the body of work represented in the four images submitted with the application.
All work exhibited must be comparable to work shown in submitted images. The organizers reserve the right to ask that any work that is inconsistent with the juried subject be removed.
If you cannot or do not wish to participate as an exhibitor in this year’s festival, but would like to volunteer before, during, or after the event, please contact Jody Fristoe, festival director, at: email@example.com.
The Summit Art Festival is a three-day, outdoor, high-quality, juried fine art event in the heart of historic downtown Lee’s Summit, MO. This event is organized and hosted by Summit Art, a juried membership 501c3 non-profit visual arts organization. This family-friendly, cultural event is managed and operated by the volunteer efforts of Summit Art members, artists and many other community volunteers.
Downtown Lee’s Summit is a creative community offering many locally-owned businesses and specialty shops, a bed and breakfast inn, and an eclectic variety of casual and fine-dining restaurants and taverns. It is also home to the historic depot and Amtrak train station, and the Historical Society of Lee’s Summit Museum.
Summit Art is proud to host its 11th annual Summit Art Festival in beautiful and historic downtown Lee’s Summit, Missouri. With a population nearing 100,000, Lee’s Summit is the 6th largest city in both the state of Missouri and in the Kansas City metropolitan area. The growing city was recently named the 5th BEST CITY to live in according to 24/7 Wall St. USA TODAY, which determined that residents reap the benefits of some of the best economic circumstances and quality of life of any US city. Cultural Arts initiatives continue to be a priority to city planners and developers. The vibrant community is committed to attracting professional artists while increasing both variety and quality of art for its diverse residents and visitors.
- 90+ exhibitors
- Booth sitters
- Artist lounge area with snacks and beverages
- Free, nearby parking for artists
- 24-hour security
- Electricity (included in booth fee)
- Festival promotion, marketing and advertising
- Complimentary lunch delivered to booth
- Large volunteer base to assist artists
- 11 years of festival management experience
- Indoor restroom facilities for artists’ use
Important Dates and Times
- Event dates: October 12, 13, & 14, 2018
- Friday: 4pm – 8pm
- Saturday: 10am – 8pm
- Sunday: 11am – 4pm
- February 9, 2018: Online Application Available
- August 12, 2018: Application Due by 11:59pm CST
- August 13-17, 2018: Jury Review
- August 17, 2018: Jury Notification sent via email
- September 9, 2018: Contract and Booth fees due
- September 14, 2018: Last Day for cancellation of booth fees (less 10% administration fee)
Fees for this event include a $30 jury fee and a $265 fee for a 10×10 booth space. Corner booths are available for an additional $100. Corner booths are limited and requests are filled by order of payment received. Double spaces (10×20) are also available for $490.
Artists may opt to share a rented booth with another artist. The fee for ONE HALF of a 10′ x 10′ tent is $175. Fee for half of a shared tent includes the booth rental (including tent set-up and tear-down), electricity, 5′ x 10′ floor space, and two display panels for each artist measuring approximately 7′ x 7′. Artists should bring fabric to cover the metal wire panels, extension cords, and their own lighting. No tables will be provided. The final decision about artists pairing and location of shared tents will be determined by the festival management, but efforts will be made to honor partner requests, if possible. Every effort will be made by festival management to pair artists in shared tents with other artists displaying complementary work.
Over $3,000 will be given in cash and awards. Awards will be given as follows:
- Best in Show – $1,000 plus named as 2019 festival Featured Artist, 2019 festival jury fee and 2019 booth fee
- 2nd Place Best in Show – $750.00plus 2019 festival jury fee and 2019 booth fee
- 3rd Place Best in Show – $500.00 plus 2019 festival jury fee
- Mayor’s Award – $200.00 plus 2019 festival jury fee
- Director’s Award – $150.00 plus 2019 festival jury fee
- Jurors Merit Awards – 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place – $100.00 each plus 2019 festival jury fee
Electricity (included in the booth fee) will be available for each booth. Usage is limited to 300 watts per booth, and the use of energy efficient CFLs or LEDs is encouraged.
Exhibitors must provide their own display set-up, including a white 10’ x 10’ tent. All booths and displays must be within the specified space. No displays are allowed in the public aisles.
Exhibiting artists will be responsible for ensuring the stability and weatherability of their booth and displays. Sandbags or weights are required for stability (no stakes or screws).