- This event is open to all artists 18 years of age and older.
- All work must be of original design and created by the accepted artist(s).
- NOT eligible for entry are mass-produced items, items made from molds, kits or other commercial methods. Selling of promotional items (t-shirts, mugs, magnets, etc.) is not allowed. No buy/sell (items purchased for re-sale).
- Invited artists must be present to exhibit and manage their displays during the entire art festival. Representatives may not attend in place of the artist.
- Invited artists may display work only in the media categories in which they are accepted.
- Artists may apply in up to two categories. If artists would like to exhibit work produced in a second media category, he/she may apply again in a different media category using the same artist’s profile. A separate jury fee will be charged. Exceptions: when applying in ceramics, glass and metal. Please see media category descriptions for explanation.
- If two or more persons collaborate to produce original work, each person must be identified on the application. A collaborative team producing a single body of work may qualify as a single exhibitor.
- The jury committee reserves the right to move work to the appropriate category if it has been entered in the wrong category on the festival application.
- Artists are limited to the booth space(s) they were assigned; booth spaces are non-transferable. Any artist who has not been juried into the Summit Art Festival or has not paid both the jury and booth fees, will not be allowed to exhibit.
- In the event that festival management cancels the Summit Art Festival, artists will be notified as soon as reasonably possible and all fees will be refunded. Exception: any act of God happening immediately prior or during the festival will not result in any refund of fees.
- Each exhibitor’s work will be screened periodically throughout the event by festival management to determine if the art displayed differs in any significant manner to the information and images submitted on the application. The judgment of festival management will be final, and no refunds of jury or booth fees will be given.
- The application jury committee consists of experienced artists using a well-defined scoring system.
- Any hazardous displays or offensive art violations will be closed and booths removed from the art festival as determined by the festival management. NO fees will be refunded. Please keep in mind that this is a family-friendly event, and no inappropriate or vulgar displays will be allowed.
- Artists are responsible for insuring their own artwork and displays. Festival management, volunteers, and/or donors will not be held responsible for any damage due to weather or other unforeseen incidents.
- Artists’ pets, open flames, and loud music played in the booth will NOT be permitted at any time during the festival. Exception: any certified service animal.
- Sale or discount signs and any hand-written signs are prohibited.
- Exhibitors must park in designated artist parking areas during festival hours. A parking tag will be provided and must be visibly displayed in all parked vehicles for the duration of the festival.
ALL DECISIONS BY THE JUDGES AND FESTIVAL MANAGEMENT OFFICIALS ARE FINAL!
There are a limited number of corner spaces available throughout the festival area; requests will be filled by order of payment received. Electricity is included in the booth rental space; no light fixtures will be provided by festival organizers.